Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kaylee wanted to start using scissors. Not wanting to be one of those overprotective Mothers, I bought her a pair of kids scissors. Before letting her use the scissors I told her that scissors can only be used to cut paper. They can't be used to cut anything else, and she can only cut the paper I give her. So last night the Kaylee asked to use her scissors. I gave her the scissors and told her to sit up at the kitchen counter. Shane was cleaning up dinner and I was sitting on the couch playing with Aubrey. A few minutes go by and I feel Kaylee come up behind the couch and touch my hair. I thought she was just playing with my hair, but then I heard the sound of the scissors cutting. Yes, she cut my hair. I of course freaked out and ran to the bathroom to look at my hair. Shane had a nice talk with Kaylee and put her on time out. When she got out of time out to come talk to me, she was crying and could hardly talk. She felt really bad. Let's just hope she learned her lesson. As for my hair, thankfully she didn't do any noticeable damage.

2 comments:

Scott and Krista said...

Holy Crapper! I'm glad it's not noticeable damage to your hair. My girls have two different incidents in the regards to hair cutting and that was Kayley cutting Kamreys hair! It was awful, that was a few years ago. Then Kayley cut a chunk of her own hair, about a year ago. It was not as noticeable.

The White Way said...

That is funny, I mean not for you but leave it up to a 3 year old. Lex cut her bangs off when she was three I was so mad. I guess when you have girls its bound to happen one way or another.